Dental implants can be an important part of replacing your lost dentition. Whether you are missing a single tooth or perhaps more than one tooth you may be a candidate for dental implants. Dental Implants can provide the chewing function, esthetics , stability, and support that you need and desire. Implants in dentistry have provided millions of people all around the world with an option to feel whole again with their mouths.
Dental implants are placed in the upper or lower jaw bone to mimic the root of a missing tooth. The top part of the tooth which is the structure we know as teeth, is then attached to the implant. When complete, the implant restored tooth/teeth will replace the functions of natural teeth.
There are various benefits and purposes for receiving dental implants. Dental implants can:
- Replace one or more missing teeth without affecting adjacent teeth
- Resolve bite problems caused by missing teeth
- Restore a patient’s confident smile with the appearance of naturally grown teeth
- Restore chewing, speech, and digestion
- Restore or enhance facial structural support
- Support a bridge or denture, making them more secure and comfortable
- establish the support the jaw joints need
- prevent resorption of jaw bone
To find out more about our implants services, give us a call. To find out whether you are a candidate for implants schedule an appointment today.